Category Archives: On my bookshelves
Money Saving Tips and Recipes for the Frugal Homemaker by Emma Buckley
If you want to save money on almost anything read this book! If it helped me it will help you too!
This eBook will share some money saving tips and get you started living “on less.”
One tip I found to be true is when we make smart financial decisions that help us live on less it will help us create more freedom to spend more time doing what we really want to do. When we are a slave to our debts life becomes a struggle, and when we live on less life offers us more freedom.
Another helpful tip is to use coupons when you shop. I know it’s time consuming but it can be done. This is a secret money saver that everyone can use.
You can save money also by buying a vacuum with a bagless system so that you don’t need to spend on bags for it. Emma Buckley will give you enough money saving tips that it far outweighs what you will save in a year and worth the money to buy the book.
You will be amazed by how frugality can change your life for the better. Hit like, share your money saving tips in the comments below.
© 2014 Jackie Paulson
Who is your favorite AUTHOR of ALL TIME?
Nicholas Sparks: Facts
Born on 12/31/1965 One year before I was born!
College: University of Notre Dame
Began writing with the 1995 The Notebook which turned into a Movie!
Raised originally in Omaha, Nebraska
Graduated high school in Fair Oaks, CA in 1984 (Class Valedictorian)
When Nicholas Sparks’ mother died of a tragedy when she was killed in a horseback riding accident and was only 47. My real mom died when she was 33.erican author, born July 9, 1945 in Everett, Pennsylvania.
-He is the author of #1 New York Times bestseller for 12 books
-Nicholas and JK Rowling the only contemporary authors to have a novel spend more than a year on both The New York Times hardcover and paperback bestsellers lists
-In a poll of Entertainment Weekly readers he was selected as the favorite author.
-He spent four years coaching track and field athletes at the local public high school. In 2009, the team he coached at New Bern High School set a World Junior Indoor Record in the 4 x400 meter, in New York. The record still stands.
-He is the creator of The Nicholas Sparks Foundation and it has raised $10 million dollars, which have been distributed to deserving charities, scholarship programs, and projects.
-Nicholas along with his talent of writing was a very good track athlete. In high school, He ran 1:52.0 in the 800m, 400m time was 48.6 and 1600m in 4:08.7. In college he was frequently injured and unfortunately missed two entire indoor and outdoor seasons. Though he did have three or four runs in the 800m that averaged 1:49.3-1:50.6.
-He set the Notre Dame school record as part of a relay team in 1985 as a freshman
- “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that’s what you’ve given me. That’s what I’d hoped to give you forever”
- “And when her lips met mine, I knew that I could live to be a hundred and visit every country in the world, but nothing would ever compare to that single moment when I first kissed the girl of my dreams and knew that my love would last forever.”
- “If you simply ignored the feeling, you would never know what might happen, and in many ways that was worse than finding out in the first place. Because if you were wrong, you could go forward in your life without ever looking back over your shoulder and wondering what might have been.”
- “Every time I read to her, it was like I was courting her, because sometimes, just sometimes, she would fall in love with me again, just like she had a long time ago. And that’s the most wonderful feeling in the world. How many people are ever given that chance? To have someone you love fall in love with you over and over?”
- “If pinpointing God’s presence were really that simple, then he supposed the beaches would be more crowded in the mornings. They would be filled with people on their own quests, instead of people jogging or walking their dogs or fishing in the surf.”
- The Notebook (October 1996)
- Message in a Bottle (April 1998)
- A Walk to Remember (October 1999)
- The Rescue (September 2000)
- A Bend in the Road (September 2001)
- Nights in Rodanthe (September 2002)
- The Guardian (April 2003)
- The Wedding (September 2003)
- Three Weeks with My Brother (April 2004)
- True Believer (April 2005)
- At First Sight (October 2005)
- Dear John (October 2006)
- The Choice (September 2007)
- The Lucky One (September 2008)
- The Last Song (September 2009)
- Safe Haven (September 2010)
- The Best of Me (October 2011)
- The Longest Ride (September 2013)
The Existential Millennial Crisis
“My brain is only a receiver, in the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength and inspiration.” Nikola Tesla
This book will take you on a journey and shake your fundamental understandings of the Universe and have you contemplating your existence. The author wrote this book for the “too long didn’t read” generation. Also known as ADD or MTV generation.
The author went on a quest to find truth and question authority. He had an experience growing up in Ivey league schools where he tested things on his own, for example what happened when he’s swallow air in choir class? Eventually one day he was sitting on the ground and basically “let loose his farts.” That’s what happens! The school did not find it funny and labeled him as a sociopath for farting. Imagine being fifteen and being labeled! Basically, being rejected he went on a search for answers to questions he had, but also did things with people whom did not judge him, for example he hung around druggies and the odd people of society. Ya know the druggies accepted him, faults and all! Go figure.
Paul’s big accomplishment was winning the state chess championship in third grade. He loved the praise when adults read about it in the local newspaper.
Did not have many friends in elementary school, middle or high school. Paul was introverted with a dry sense of humor but anyone loved to laugh along with him. He graduated and went on to get a BS Degree in Accounting. He drank and did drugs.
After doing accounting for a while he got bored, developed drinking problem, survived a near fatal suicide attempt and was forced into treatment which lead to writing this book.
What Paul does is explores the truth, and he questions the way we think about things, try to be funny and tell his story. If you want to get to the bottom of being an individual, keep reading. The book is divided into three parts: the religion part, truths, and Paul’s story.
© 2014 Jackie Paulson
__Law of Attraction by Jackie Paulson__ Free ebook from Jackie Paulson PDF
Table of Contents
Introduction …………………………………………………….. 7
Increasing Your Effectiveness ………………….. 8
Exposure To New Ideas …………………………… 9
How We Retain Information …………………… 11
Five Steps Of Learning And Retention …….. 13
Action Makes the Difference ………………….. 17
The Business You’re In …………………………. 18
1. Achieving Outstanding Business Success ………. 24
What Failures Don’t Like to Do ……………… 26
Eight Personal Qualities For Success ………. 28
If someone could wave a magic wand and suddenly change something about your chosen profession or business, what one thing would you have them change?
Would you have them provide you with an easier way to contact more, better-qualified prospects? And would you want those prospects as well as your current customers to view you as even more of a professional, or maybe even an “expert” in your field?
You may be good now, but how would you like to be even better at making more effective, more persuasive presentations? Perhaps you would like to be more effective at closing sales or handling objections. Or, is repeat business more important to you?
What if your current customers felt that you were the only person or the only business who understood and could effectively serve their specialized, unique and individual needs?
Or, how about referrals? Take the best customer you have right now. How would you like to have more contacts just like them than you could possibly handle? What one thing would you change to make you a better, happier, and more productive businessperson?
In the chapters to follow, we’ll be discussing not only these areas, but other factors that are critical for you to realize real business success. Throughout the pages of this manual we’ll explore some of the most effective ideas and field-proven methods and techniques that you can begin to put to use immediately to help you increase your sales, improve your business, overcome some of your most difficult problems and challenges, gain extra income, have more free time, and find a renewed enjoyment from your chosen business.