Title of Book: The God Pocket
Bruce Wilkinson with David Kopp. Bruce Wilkinson is the author of the N.Y. Times #1 Bestseller “The Prayer of Jabez and other bestsellers, including You Were Born for This, Secrets of the Vine, and The Dream Giver. He is a popular Christian teacher and the founder of initiatives to train Bible teachers in every nation and to address pressing needs in Africa. Bruce and his wife (Darlene Marie) Live near Atlanta.
Publisher: Multnomah Books, 12265 Oracle Blvd, Suite #200, Colorado Springs, CO 80921
Genre/Market: Christian, Spiritual, Life Lessons, Pay it Forward
Publication Date: 2011, by Exponential Inc
Book Length: 124 Pages
5 Out of 5 points
Headline for Book Review: It is in giving you shall receive, it can be your time, talents, money or almost anything.
Quote: “I’ve been carrying around some of God’s Money.”
This book was given in advanced by Multnomah Books for my honest review. I am a Christian whom loves to read about God or anything to do with Christianity so this was a fabulous and easy to read book. I loved this book most because it is like a “pay it forward.”
What Bruce explains is that we are partners with God and we should always have some spare change or dollars in a special pouch to be able to help others in need as you go about your day.
Take these steps for your God Pocket or pouch:
- Decided in advanced how much money you are going to place in it.
- Devote that money directly to God.
- Deposit the money into the Pocket.
- Depend on God to lead you to the person who needs it or needs “God Nudge.”
- Deliver God’s funds to the recipient.
- Declare that God is the Ultimate giver whom provided the funds.
- Disciple the person who receives the God Pocket to become a delivery agent themselves.
- Share your experiences as you have blessed others through this method.
- Recommend this book or buy a few to give away to help them “pay it forward.”
I think this is a marvelous way to share the gospel of God and to glorify God. I have donated money and given money to others in need myself, even when my funds were very low. I once gave away my last 20.00 and found out that the kid had no gas money and a wife and baby in his car. It is in giving that we receive. The blessings go beyond our natural inclinations.
Copyright @ 2011 written by Jackie Paulson
- Pocket God Review (brighthub.com)
- What I like about Monday! (ilifejourney.wordpress.com)
- Think Outside The Box (thisido.blogspot.com)
- Beth Moore Book Review (getreadingnow.wordpress.com)
- Torn Trusting God When Life Leaves You in Pieces by Jud Wilhite…review (mybookaddictionreviews.wordpress.com)
- Pocket God set to release 40th (!) content update (tuaw.com)
- Book Review: The Prayer of Jabez for Women (getreadingnow.wordpress.com)
- God’s Omniscience: Religion’s Ultimate Cop-Out (enchantednaturalist.com)
- Empty Pockets and Trust in God (theprayinglife.wordpress.com)
- New Christian Book Explores the Scope of God’s Generosity (prweb.com)
- [Book Review] Desiring God by John Piper (inklingsofreality.wordpress.com)
- Desiring God by John Piper (fbjasper.wordpress.com)
- Book Review: you are the problem and solution by Andy Holligan (getreadingnow.wordpress.com)
- Title of Book: Game On: Find your purpose – Pursue Your Dream (getreadingnow.wordpress.com)
- Dr. Kevin Leman: It’s Your Kid not a Gerbil (ablogaboutbooksdotcom.wordpress.com)
- Ezine Articles (Jackie Paulson) Author (postadaychallenge2011.com)